Thursday, November 25, 2021

Always Blessed 3 Piece of Set

Always Blessed

Written 11/24/2021

This tutorial is meant purely as a guide. Feel free to use your own choice of tube or scrap kit to make your tag unique. If you want your tag to look just like mine, then use the same supplies I have used. This tutorial assumes you have a knowledge of paint shop pro. Any resemblance to any other tag or tutorial is completely coincidental. 

I made this set for my best friend Rhonda. We have been friends for oh so many years. I wont say how many exactly because that would let you all know how old we are LOL I am always blessed by her. Blessed by her friendship. Blessed that she is part of my life and my circle and is my main tribe mate. Blessed by her helpfulness as I have been going through some health issues lately and I hate to call on her because she is a nurse but she has been there with me the entire way and helped me make some good decisions regarding my care and also lifted me up when I was in the pit of despair and wanted to just give up. I love her endlessly and will always be blessed by just having her near. 


Supplies Used:

Tube of your choice. I am using a cute tube by The Paper Shelter. You can purchase their super cute tubes at www.thepapershelter.com

 

Scrap kit is a freebie by Sheila Reed. It is called Thankful Harvest. You can download it at DigiTee Designs By Sheila: Thankful Harvest November 2015 Blog Train Freebie!!!

 

I am using a freebie texture by Queen Cheshire which can be downloaded at Queen-Cheshire - Hobbyist, Digital Artist | DeviantArt

 

Mask of your choice. I am using mask #9 by Scrappy Bit of Fun. You can download Simone’s awesome masks at Scrappy Bit Of Fun there is a link on the right hand side where she has placed her masks into groups and numbered them.

 

Font of your choice. I am using 2 Peas Gimme Coffee

 

Let's Begin:

This is a 3 piece set so we will start with the tag first.

Open a new blank canvas that will give you plenty of room to work with. I use 900x900 but the size is up to you. You can crop and resize when you are done if you wish.

Copy and paste your texture onto your blank canvas as a new layer. Resize so it fits in your canvas with room around it.

Apply your mask to this layer. Delete the mask layer and merge the group.

At this point open your tube and copy and paste as a new layer. Place where your tube fits best. Add a drop shadow of your choice to the tube layer.

At this point I started adding elements from the kit so I will list those below.

Now let’s dress the tag up with elements from the kit. I will list the elements I used. Feel free to use other elements to make your tag unique. Placement of the elements is completely up to you. If you want your tag to look just like mine, then use my tag for reference.

Elements I used:

1

2

Burnt orange flower large

Burnt orange flower small

Light purple felt flower

Light purple small flower

Light yellow small flower

Pink flower large

Purple felt flower

Purple flower large

Yellow burnt orange flower

Yellow paper flower

Burnt orange leaf

Gold leaf

Purple leaf

White leafy branch

Yellow leaf

Pink cream berries

Red gold berries

Wordart always blessed

Add a drop shadow of your choice to all of the elements.

Add your copyright and licensing information.

Add your name.

Crop and resize if you wish.

Ok we are done with the tag.

Lets move onto the banner:

The banner size is really up to you but for my example this time I am going with 675 width and 225 height.

Open your texture again and copy and paste as a new layer.

Copy and paste as your tube into the center of the canvas. Place so mostly the face of your tube is showing. Add a drop shadow of your choice.

Now take some of the same elements from your tag and place along the bottom of the canvas of your banner.

Add a border of 2 in black.

Now add your copyright and licensing information to this tag.

Add your name.

Lets move on to the avatar.

Set your texture as your background color.

Open a new blank canvas.

Draw out a circle that looks to be the appropriate size.

Convert to a raster layer.

Selections select all float and then defloat.

Selections modify expand by 3.

Layers new raster layer and flood fill with color of your choice.

Add noise to this layer at 100%

Selections select none.

Drag this layer under your paper layer.

Make your paper layer active.

Selections select all float and defloat

Selections contract by 4

Layers new raster layer

This time take your texture and copy and paste into selection.

Now leaving this selected. Open your tube and copy and paste as a new layer.

Position where you are happy.

Selections invert and hit delete

Selections select none.

Add your copyright and licensing information

Add your name or initial.

And you are done!!!

Thanks for trying my tutorial. 





1 comment:

  1. Tika I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are my bestie and everything you said about me double it for you. We have been through A LOT but always proved friends are your friends through it all

    ReplyDelete